The Government of Uganda with support from the International Development Association is working towards improving the competitiveness of enterprises in Uganda through the Competitiveness and Enterprise Development Project (CEDP). The 5-year project supports reforms in priority productive and service sectors geared towards a better climate with particular focus on MSMEs. The Matching Grant Facility (MGF) is a component of CEDP that supports MSMEs to address firm levels constraints and increase productivity, sales, income and competitiveness in the market place.
With proven years of expertise and professionalism in M&E, FRIENDS Consult LTD (FCL) was contracted by CEDP to assess the performance of the Matching Grant Facility and is undertaking the following tasks.
- Reviewing of the design and implementation frame of the MGF
- Assessing the extent to which targeted results have been realized
- Assessing the level of stakeholder engagement and experience
- Undertaking an independent evaluation of level of compliance with environmental, social, health and safety safeguards.
- Documenting lessons learned and recommendations
- Providing an independent opinion in performance of MGF
At the end of the assignment FCL will be required to submit a final comprehensive report clearly showing the findings of the study with conclusions and appropriate recommendations.