Uganda Agribusiness Alliance (UAA) is a not for profit organization whose purpose is to help foster sustainable investment and growth in Uganda`s Agribusiness. UAA is implementing a project “Supporting Agricultural Finance Policy and Regulatory Reforms in Uganda”. UAA therefore through an international bidding process contracted a consortium consisting of FRIENDS Consult LTD (FCL) and New Media labs (NML) to carry out a diagnosis of the current legal and regulatory gaps together with their impact on development of the agricultural financing landscape in Uganda. FCL undertook the following activities;
- Conduct desk reviews, interviews and analysis to obtain both quantitative and qualitative data on the Ugandan Agri-finance sector.
- Complete a stocktaking of financial instruments, products and services available for the agricultural private sector, legal & regulatory regimes.
- Complete analysis report of data generated from field consultations.
- Cost-benefit analysis of reform options.
- Identify best practices under the current legal and regulatory regime that can be scaled up.
FCL presented the findings from the study and made suitable recommendations that were adopted by UAA to support growth of Agribusiness in Uganda.